Thursday, April 21, 2011

Book of the Month: April


I had been waiting a while to read Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids and so I'm pleased to write that I managed to do that this month.  Breastfeeding every hour and a half all day certainly helps with the reading list.  Kim John Payne approaches parenting from a Waldorf trained perspective and counsels families towards a more grounding home life.  He covered lots of area in this book and set out principals that are simple in theory if not so much in practice.  I agreed with many of his guidelines and think that many families would benefit from creating predictable patterns, removing the clutter of too many toys and "stuff" and reducing the overall screen time in the home.  I plan to go through the book again before returning it to the library and take some notes to keep myself mindful of this philosophy.  It definitely echoes many of my parenting goals.

No comments: